Digital Book App
This category is intended for the most innovative book applications for children. The prize is a spotlight on innovation and the latest trends and developments in children's digital content, which is thriving in areas of entertainment. It is open to all publishers and app developers.
This category encompasses all forms of digital Arabic content available to readers as e-books, enhanced digital books and apps, to highlight and reward the work of publishers and developers. The new category aims to be the cutting edge of Arabic digital publishing, showcasing creative approaches to design, technology integration and e-reading experiences.
CRITERIA OF THIS CATEGORY
- We will be accepting products for Android, iOS, Kindle, ePub3, and other electronic devices to be specified in the submission form.
- The Award is dedicated to apps inspired by children’s stories, otherwise known as “narrative driven interactive media,” but the approach to this definition is broad and it will be possible to consider innovative products that tap the potential of interactive media for children in the areas of education and entertainment as well.
- Products should be designed for children from 0 to 18 years old.
- Entries must be submitted in the Arabic language only.
- Entries should be released before the date of submission.
- The jury shall select the winner based on graphic quality, audio quality, artistic and technical excellence and/or informational value, with particular reference to overall publishing excellence and innovation. In any event, the jury’s decision shall be final.
- Participation in the Digital Book App category is open to all publishers and developers.
- Participation in this category is subject to complete acceptance of these regulations.
- In particular, each participant declares and warrants that s/he is the owner of the rights necessary for the entries to be submitted to the Award.
WORKS FOR SUBMISSION
- Publishers and/or developers may submit one or more entries.
- All entries must be published before the date of submission.
- An app that was submitted but did not win can be resubmitted the following year given that the developer has made updates and improvements to the originally submitted work.
- A winning app or web content may be resubmitted to the Award, only after 2 years.
- The registration form available on the Etisalat Award’s website must be filled and submitted before the 30th of August each year.
- Enclosed within the registration form, 5 promo-codes for free download or a link to a free demo of the product must be provided.
- Furthermore, the organiser declines all responsibility in the event it is not possible to download the app with the codes provided, or late arrival of the application forms.
For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All entries shall be subject to the final decision of the jury, which shall be made up of publishing sector experts, including graphic designers, interactive design specialists and new media reviewers.
The judging panel remains confidential until the winner is announced each year.
VALUE OF THE CATEGORY
100,000 AED shall be awarded to the publisher and/or the developer whose entry and specific edition is declared the winner. In the event of a joint publication, the award shall be given jointly to the co-publishers concerned.
For the purposes of the competition, only those titles expressly indicated as co-publications on the app and/or the registration form shall be regarded as such.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGES TO THE CATEGORY
The organiser may at its sole discretion decide to cancel and/or withhold this category or change the dates without compensation of any kind being entitled to the participants.
UAE JURISDICTION AND COMPETENT COURT OF LAW
Relations between the participants in this category and UAE Board on Books for Young People (the organiser) are governed by UAE law. All disputes shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the UAE judicial authorities and shall be the exclusive competence of the UAE court of law.
Participation in this category is entirely free of charge and entails no obligation or commitment of any kind beyond the participation conditions set out in these regulations.
The UAEBBY would have the right to use the full version of the shortlisted apps to promote the Award and for non-profit use only.