- The entry form should be completed in full for each entry
- All the fields are mandatory and should be filled.
- The following documents should also be submitted:
For entries in the Best Children’s Book category:
- Seven non-returnable copies of the entered title(s).
- Copies of the contracts with the author and illustrator of the entered title or a statement signed by both parties declaring that all rights have been legally surrendered by the author and illustrator to the publishing house.
For entries in the Best Young Adult Book category:
- Three non-returnable physical copies of the entered title(s).
- One softcopy of each title.
- Copies of the contracts with the author of the entered title or a statement signed by both parties declaring that the rights have been legally surrendered by the author to the publishing house.
- If the book contains illustrations, a copy of the illustrator’s contract must be submitted to the award’s management. If not, the book cover designer’s contract or a statement signed by both parties declaring that the rights to the book’s cover art have been legally surrendered to the publishing house, must be submitted with the entry.
In addition the following documentation must be submitted with all entries:
- A profile of the publishing house and up-to-date biographies/profiles of the author and illustrator.
- A copy of the publisher trade license or any document prove the registration of the publishing house in its country of origin.
- Summaries of the entered books.
Please note that a separate form must be completed for each book being entered.
THE SUBMISSION FOR THE AWARD IS LAUNCHED IN APRIL OF EACH YEAR.
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES IS 12 NOON, 31 AUGUST OF EACH YEAR.
In cases where the entrant has deliberately provided false or misleading information, the management of the Etisalat Award has the right to take any action, including legal action, as it sees fit.
The phrase ‘Etisalat Award for Arabic Children’s Literature’ should appear on the envelope containing the entries, and all envelopes should be sent to the following address:
Al Qasba – Block D – First Floor
Sharjah P.O. Box: 5424
Sharjah – United Arab Emirates
Tel +971 6 5542111
Fax +971 6 5542345
Mobile: + 971 56 1187888