The entry form should be completed online in full for each entry.
A separate form must be completed for each book being submitted.
All the fields are mandatory and must be filled.
In cases where the entrant has deliberately provided false or misleading information, the management of the Etisalat Award has the right to take any action, including legal action, as it sees fit.
- The following documents must also be submitted:
- Seven non-returnable physical copies of the submitted title(s).
- One softcopy of each title submitted.
- High resolution electronic copy of the book cover for each title submitted.
- Copies of the contracts with the author and illustrator of the submitted title or a statement signed by both parties declaring that all rights have been legally surrendered by the author and illustrator to the publishing house.
- A profile of the publishing house.
- Up-to-date biographies/profiles of the author and illustrator.
- A copy of the publisher's trade license or any document to prove the registration of the publishing house in its country of origin.
- Summaries of the submitted books.
CANCELLATION OR CHANGES TO THE CATEGORIES
The organiser may at its sole discretion decide to cancel and/or withhold any of the award categories or change the dates without compensation of any kind being entitled to the participants.
Participation in the award categories is entirely free of charge and entails no obligation or commitment of any kind beyond the participation conditions set out in these regulations.
The UAEBBY would have the right to use the shortlisted and winning books to promote the Award and for non-profit use only.
THE AWARD OPENS FOR SUBMISSIONS IN APRIL OF EACH YEAR.
THE DEADLINE TO RECEIVE THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF NOMINATED ENTRIES IS 31 JULY OF EACH YEAR.
THE DEADLINE TO RECEIVE HARD COPIES OF THE NOMINATED BOOKS IS 31 AUGUST OF EACH YEAR
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES IS 12 NOON, 31 AUGUST OF EACH YEAR.
The phrase ‘Etisalat Award for Arabic Children’s Literature’ should appear on the envelope containing the submissions, and all envelopes should be sent to the following address:
Al Qasba – Block D – First Floor – Office 64
Sharjah P.O. Box: 1421
Sharjah – United Arab Emirates
Tel +971 6 5195555
Fax +971 6 5542345